Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Lefton Dutch Girl Teapot



















I believe this is the piece that started me on my mission to rescue lost lovelies.  I spied it one day at the local indoor fleamarket, dirty, unwanted, and largely unseen and it had made me think fondly of a good friend of mine.  There was nothing remarkable about it and I almost passed it by.  I'm not a tea maker nor a teapot collector and wasn't looking for a teapot that day!  The vendor, who looked tired and ready to pack it in for the day, saw me looking at it and offered it to me for a very good price so home it went with me.  I cleaned it up tenderly and the rest is history.

I love a good yard sale or church bazar, fleamarkets and second-hand stores, markets and such!  I don't usually buy much but I love to look.  In my forays I noticed a lot of pretty things that no longer seemed to hold purpose and that would probably end up unloved in a trash heap as broken and forgotten pieces of history.  I feel these pieces each tell a story.  They were once cherished by their owners or found to be useful and still could be loved and used.  I enjoy finding these lost treasures and researching them...sometimes it's a bit like chasing a rabbit down the hole to find info on them, but it's a lot of fun for me.  I've also realized that I can't keep every lovelie I find and so I offer them up to you!

This vintage mid century made in Japan Lefton Dutch Girl Teapot is a rare find and is in remarkable condition with no chips, cracks, or hazing.  There are a couple of glaze flaws made during manufacturing, one in the paint on the back at the bottom behind the handle, and what looks like an air bubble in the glaze on the back lid between her apron.
 



This is a wonderful acquisition for any collector.

Asking price - $90

Note:  All articles will be posted within 3 days of payment clearing, well packaged, insured and signed for.  Postage and packaging fees will be an amount in addition to the asking price of the article and may vary according to the location of the buyer. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment